Sunday, April 26, 2009

Aguilo: Week #2 at Fleishman

A. List down all the tasks that you performed during this period. Describe each in detail.
1. Daily Monitoring Report- reading the newspapers everyday, looking for press releases about Etihad Airways and its competitor.

2. Weekly Monitoring Report- Monitoring the internet for press releases about Avaya and its competitor.

3. Concepts for HBC campaign,” Giving everyone the right to be beautiful- I gave ideas on how to promote HBC to sustain the awareness level of HBC as a store brands and its tatak exclusibo service, tatak exclusibo promo and tatak exclusibo brands and customer service.

4. Possible themes for the campaign and suggestions-Our client, Election Systems & Software or ES&S ( provider of hardware and software for voting, counting in elections) has partnered with AMA (the computer school) to pitch for the automation project of the 2010 elections.

They need us to put together quickly a program and costings for a voter outreach program targeted to the 50 million Filipino voters in 80,000 polling places around the Philippines. They are looking at using mail, email, website, TVCs, tri-media campaign and printed collaterals and the AMA schools nationwide to disseminate the information.

Objective of the information campaign is to persuade Filipino voters that automated or computerized elections will ensure that their real votes get counted.

5. Welcome remarks for Avaya Country Director- Avaya Phils. Country Manager Ed Doctolero will give the welcome remarks at the press briefing for IP Office on April 24. I did and speech outline discussing how IP Office is helping small companies become more efficient in these challenging times, the current economic context: global recession, slowdown in business.

6. Inviting the press for Avaya IP Office launch this Friday- We sent invitations to editors of Magazine, newspapers, blogs to attend the event this Friday. We are doing the follow up via phone everyday.

7. Research in reduction in IT spending among clients in the country

8. acronyms for HBC advocacy program which will reflect HBC slogan that "everyone has the right to be beautiful".


B. Describe new skills you learned, or skills you improved upon as a result of these tasks. Be specific.
I’m learning a lot about public relations especially organizing a press conference. I feel so happy that I am talking to editors everyday.
I have improved my communication skills, confidence, and self-steam because I’m meeting a lot of people everyday.


C. Other thoughts regarding the OJT experience.
I’m starting to love reading since I started working here. Even if I am out of the office, I read newspapers, billboards, magazines. This is my greatest improvement because Fleishman requires us to read the newspapers everyday to monitor our clients; I’m getting use to it, I read even no one is telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment