Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Barba: Week #1 at Fleishman-Hillard

A. List down all the tasks that you performed during this period. Describe each in detail.

• Monitoring – The first thing we do everyday after singing-in in the log sheet is monitoring. We read all the broadsheets (and if there are weeklies and magazines available) to check if our clients or the competitors of our clients released and advertisements or articles.

• Scanning – I scanned all the selected clippings and selected pictures for compilation. This is for the monthly report, specifically for Etihad Airways. Hitherto, there are some documents to filed as well.

• Monthly report – My supervisor gave this on my first day of work, March 31, and the proposed deadline is on Friday, April 3. I was able to finish it on Thursday, April 2. This is sorting and compiling all the selected clippings and articles of Etihad Airways in Microsoft word and my supervisor also taught me how to calculate the accounts of every released advertisement or articles in print and broadcasting, so I did a bit of this as well.

• Research – I researched for Pensonic; its market, competitors, products and status in the Philippines. Db Audio; speakers and amplifiers, its market, competitors, products. Top Filipino Endorsers and Top Filipino Bands.

• Press Release – I’m still working for a press release to Bellagio Square, an event place in Malate, Manila. I’m still waiting for the contact details of the architects and other contact persons for this, since my supervisor told me to wait for a while. Nevertheless, I already had a draft for this.

• Weekly report – When josh was absent because she was sick, our GM assigned me to help Mr. Joey Brillantes in doing the research for Avaya and Cielo Salon. Later on, I did some parts of weekly report on this.

• Editing – Mr. Brillantes asked me to listen to the Audio-visual presertation of US-VISIT for the US embassy. It was in Filipino language, so he asked me to check on every detail of it. I was able to noticed some mispronounced tagalong words and misspelled translations.\

• PR rounds – we went to Business Mirror and Philippine Daily Inquirer to look for the lifestyle editors and to give some ‘humble’ gifts.


B. Describe new skills you learned, or skills you improved upon as a result of these tasks. Be specific.


For new skills:
• Computing for accounts; Press release, Broadcast and Print advertisement
• Doing monthly report
• Monitoring\
• PR rounds

C. Other thoughts regarding the OJT experience.

It was fun and fruitful. The early log-in time makes me sick but on the other hand, it helps a lot for my disciplinary concerns. The environment of the office is very friendly and warm. They are all fun-loving and dedicated; I’m really looking forward on working here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment