Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ampong: Week #2 at Manila Times

List down all the tasks that you performed during this period. Describe each in detail.

Monday, April 13. Maila and I went to Cavite City, Cavite to visit the DTC or Dynamic Teen Company, newly awarded as a CNN Hero. Maila will be doing the article and I will take the photos of the interviewee and the Karitons that they will be using for their weekly outreach activities. I took pictures of the karitons and Kuya Ef- the founder of the DTC. I went home tired and happy.

Tuesday, April 14. We went to Pampanga at the Basa Air Base to cover the helicopter drill of Filipino and American soldiers who are part of the Balikatan. At first I felt weird and anxious about it. There were very few girls there and then we have to take photos of military men. When the helicopter landed, I felt like I’ll be blown away. It felt like, “SO this is it. This is how it feels to witness a drill of the Balikatan exercise between U.S. and Philippine forces.” I felt ecstatic. I was so eager to take pictures yet I also felt incompetent there. Everybody around me were holding their DSLR with lenses that look like a saucer plate. I really have to get near the soldiers so that I can get a shot. We stayed there until around 4:30 pm, we reached Manila proper around 9 in the evening.

Wednesday, April 15. I was tasked to go to Manila Peninsula to cover the Rotary meeting with Mayor Freddie Tinga of Taguig City as their guest speaker. He spoke to the rotary officials about success in achieving goals using the City of Taguig, the progressive city of Taguig. After that, I submitted my photos with caption. The following day, my photo got published. I was really relieved.

Thursday, April 16. My photo from yesterday’s assignment at the Manila Pen got published! It was Josh who actually told me. When I reached the Manila Police District, I went straight off to the car to grab a copy of that day’s issue. And when I finally saw it at page A2 I was just very relieved and happy that I finally got published. One requirement done!

Saturday, April 18. We went to Cavite City again to take photos of the DTC doing their actual outreach activity. When I finally how it really was, I had nothing but genuine and great admiration to those teens. It was hard to imagine they had to do it every week at four different areas every out reach activity.



Describe new skills you learned, or skills you improved upon as a result of these tasks. Be specific.

Basically, the things that I learned was that in taking a photo of a particular person, one should be able to make the composition of the photo focus or working for that person.



Other thoughts regarding the OJT experience.

I am just a bit worried that I have not checked on how many hours have I already spent for my OJT. Especially that I spend at least 8 hours everyday working day schedule with my department. I log in and out every time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment