Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Miranda: Internship Goals

To immerse myself in a professional media environment is an opportunity to look forward to, and hopefully, an experience worth treasuring for a lifetime.

Having been given the chance to work in Manila Times is a stepping stone for my dream career after college. I have always loved the idea of writing for a newspaper. So as early as now, I set my short-term goals for the preparation of my long-term goals.

Doing my internship in Manila Times is a chance to build connections, not just with the people in the working field but also with the fellow interns from the different schools. Building connections is necessary for applying jobs in the future. I need to establish a good impression, formal network, and camaraderie. I need to suppress intimidation to reach out.

When I would be asked to do something for the company which I know will train me as a masscom student, an intern and an employee in the future, I would do it with all my best and enthusiasm. I need to accept the work being handed to me as an opportunity. I would accept criticisms fairly and squarely. I will use good judgment. I would ask what I do not know. In writing articles, I would do my best to present these with credibility and dedication. I would beat deadlines. If I would be given the chance to work on fields with a professional reporter or writer, I would observe keenly and do what would be asked of me.
I would behave like a real professional employee wherever and whenever. I would communicate with and treat with respect my superiors and other office people. I would manage my time properly and would not be late.

Above all, I hope this on-the-job training would be a fun learning experience for me. I hope I would leave a remarkable image to their company. This is not just about gaining good grades for my majors in my school, but this is about being professional, and experiencing and learning lessons in a professional print journalism environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment