Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ampong: Internship Goals

In my 120-150 hours of practical training in print journalism, there are a lot things that I want to accomplish along the journey. One would be to have a network of connection within the company that I am working in order to build a pool of contacts that would be useful even after my internship. I believe this goal will serve as a longterm and continouos goal. I would like to have friends among my co-interns from different schools.

Second, I would like to gain an experience in professional print journalism to explore and test my capabilities. More so to enhance my skills in writing and photojournalism because it would very useful for me in the future for I might change plans in what I want to accomplish after grad.uation. A competetive skill in writing and photography would help me a lot in gaining experience after graduation. I would also want to work with professionals in the particular area that I will be assigned to so that my professionalism will be tested and develop. Also, I would not be confined in one media outfit only. This would also help me know more about the media, its perks and blues. At the of my internship and upon meeting and getting to know more people, I would like to develop longer patience for people who might get to my nerves because when you look at it, we would all be contributing to how each other’s internship. Along with having to longer my patience, i will also strive to be a co-worker who is easy to work with. I would like to have friends from my work place for my ability to work with other people will be honed and for friendshps to be built across the distance. Lastly, to sum this all up, I would like to have a fruitful internship not only manifested by my internship grade but something that glows inside me telling that i did have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment