Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lim: Week 4 at PeaceWorks

It was a Monday afternoon when I received my assigned articles for the week. Right after receiving it, I started my research like I always do. I get some very few information. Still, I made some interview questions in an outline form. The questions were ordered as how my article was framed.

Tuesday, I did some phone calls to confirm my interview schedules. All my interviewees asked me to move our interview the follow day. The next day with my interview attire, I was able to interview Mr. Patiño regarding my article on the “learn to play a sport project”. I was even able to get some photos and interview some participants. Unfortunately, my other interviewee regarding my article on the Rural Urban Missionaries postponed again appointment. It then delayed one of my articles. I was only able to submit one instead of two articles for this week.

Skills applied throughout the week were basically the same as the weeks earlier. Courteousness was always present in meeting new people. It was to maintain a good impression and a comfortable discussion during the interview. Patience was also tested specially when interviewees keep you waiting and afterwards they ask you to have the interview on another day.


What was keeping me going was the idea of meeting new people whom I don’t hesitate to approach at all. I happen to recall my other interviewees and many were nice and some are just not that nice. Mr. Patiño for this week’s interviewee was kind of grumpy at our first meeting but I guess I learned to overcome or at least don’t show any hesitation. At the end of the day I find myself tired but somehow doing things fine. My interview questions are ready incase my interviewee would change his/her mind and suddenly ask me to have our interview any time. Even if I’m exhausted, I try to show eagerness and courteousness simply because I put myself into my interviewee’s position and I myself wouldn’t want to be interviewed by a haggard person. Besides, I am the one who is given the favor of being inserted in the hectic schedules of my interviewees.

One thing that also kept me going is the idea that I get to see my articles posted and even printed in the newspaper. Tiring but somehow rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment