Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reyes: Week 2 at FAME, Inc.

A. List down all the tasks that you performed during this period. Describe each in detail.

DAY 8 - Today is our scheduled covershoot with Ara Mina. Since my supervisor has a scheduled interview with somebody else at 12NN, she asked me and my fellow intern to go ahead at the said location. I was assigned to keep the money that we have at hand, print a few contracts and to bring a box of shoes. Before going to the said location, she asked us to pass by a mall to buy orchids for Ara Mina’s hair. We did so and went to find a taxi after. We came there early. The hair stylist, stylist and make-up artist was already there. Ara Mina is expected to arrive at 3PM. They were discussing the different outfits that she would be wearing and how her hair and make-up should be done at each. After a while, Ara Mina arrived and asked for coffee. I bought one downstairs and gave it to her. I basically served as an assistant to everyone. I was the one in charge of the budget that is why I make sure I get receipts. For our taxi fares, I make sure I get the taxi company name, telephone number and plate number. I was also the one who took their orders for dinner, paid the stylists and make-up artist. At the end of our covershoot, we cleaned up and went home.

DAY 9 – I was asked to return to the studio with my fellow intern to pay them. And then, we were asked to proceed to the mall to check out mineral make-ups for a Zen Health article. When we got back, I was asked to do a Hair Tips article while my fellow intern did the mineral make-ups research. I wrote for the remaining afternoon.

DAY 10 – I was asked to accompany Ms. Deana for an event. We were to meet up at the Mall of Asia where the said event is going to be. I took a cab and took note of the plate and telephone number of the taxi company. The event of Kultura Filipino was quite formal. I was there to took pictures and to socialize. I took pictures and ate with Ms. Deana. And then, we went back to the office. I continued and finished my Hair Tips article. After that, my fellow intern and I were asked to pick up photos of Ms. Cory Quirino.

DAY 11 – A coverage on cervical cancer was scheduled today. I was asked to be the one to accompany Ms. NiƱa. Again, I brought the camera and took some pictures. There was a bunch of people from the media. We ate together and listened, jotted down some notes of the said talk. After that, we went back to our office and were asked to transcribe too many tapes.

DAY 12 – My fellow intern and I continued to transcribe. It was not an easy task because there were a lot of medical terms I could barely understand. And I really have a long way to go because we were given four tapes.



B. Describe new skills you learned, or skills you improved upon as a result of these tasks. Be specific.

Patience is indeed a virtue. Transcribing needs lots of patience because there will always be words, phrases and even sentences I could not barely hear and understand. I also learned to have a sharp memory on trying to remember taking receipts and plate numbers on our coverage and events. I could say I’ve improved on my writing skills because I was able to write a good story, which will be published. I have improved with my people skills because I have dealt with different kinds of people in different events. I have learned a lot. It feels good to see how events and coverage are in the real world. I have also learned a lot in the photoshoot. I’ve been courteous to everyone and I treat them all with a great deal of respect. I’m very punctual. I have been more attentive into meeting people’s needs.



C. Other thoughts regarding the OJT experience.

I’m having a blast. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment