Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reyes Internship Goals

It seems hard to tell what I want to accomplish with my internship. I do not know what to expect from the team just as I do not know their expectations from me. Whatever it is from both sides, I am hoping to do better.

I am currently working at Zen Health magazine. I could say that I am doing well and that I have learned a lot. Having attended few events and coverage, I have seen how print journalism is in the real world. I could say that I have really improved on being a student/mass communicator. I have always wanted to be of help to the company. It takes initiative and determination to do so.

I would really love it if I was able to publish an article. I am pushing it into my goals. I am giving my best at my write-ups and researches.

I have anticipated a number of challenges. So far, I have done well. Since this challenge relies on me, I have opened a lot of room for self-improvement. Being late and lazy has not been a problem since I got here. In whatever task given, I give my best. Being at my best is the only way I could think of to handle challenges.

My number one worry is my punctuality. That makes always being punctual my number one goal. I would like to be very watchful of my time not only because I want a good impression but also because I want to feel good about myself.

Another worry is my procrastination. I have this habit on putting things off because I know I am very much capable on working under pressure and juggling multiple tasks simultaneously. That is why I want to make it a point to cooperate. I’m putting being committed to the highest quality of work second on my list. I want to be able to work very well in a team or independently. I would be as hard-working, dedicated and self-motivated as I could.

I want to form friendships. I would make it a point to be as friendly, courteous and be of great company to everyone. But I would also make it a point to know my limitations on socializing.

I want to have a blast. I would like to be really positive about what I would be facing. I do not want to say that my journey would be mistake-free. I know that there will be times when I would be committing mistakes, but I want to be able to do something about it. I don’t want to just sit and relax. Instead, I want an internship full of action be it making coffees, photocopying, doing the leg work, and everything else. I want my internship to become a superb experience.

Knowing I am flexible, I want to allow myself to gain knowledge on different fields. More than anything else, I want to learn. This is what this is all about: learning. I want to get a view of what is to come after college if I chose that line of work because I have come to love magazines.

I want the people I would be working with to be proud of me. I want the Mass Communication Department to have an excellent remark on me. I want to feel proud of myself. I want to be able to share wonderful stories on my adventure as an intern to my family and friends. I just want to be an intern worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment