Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Santiago: Week 2 at Fleishman-Hillard

1. List down all the tasks that you performed during this period. Describe each in detail.
From Monday to Friday, May 11-15, 2009 since my co intern already completed required the number of hours for her internship and left I was tasked to do the things that she used to do. I was tasked to do the daily newspaper monitoring/scanning and looking for any online news, article, or advertisement regarding their clients (Avaya, Etihad,) and any article regarding the poll automation and Sen. Angara bill.

Just like last week I was still tasked to do weekly and daily reports for Avaya. This includes researching, looking for links and documenting the things that we have monitored in the newspapers.

I did researching in the net regarding the tasks I was told to do. I was also asked to check the air fare rates of airlines from Manila to Bacolod and from Manila to Cebu.

My co intern and I went out for Press rounds with our supervisor, Mr. Joey Brillantes. Again We went to several newspaper publication namely, PDI, Business World Manila bulletin, Manila times, Manila Standard today, Malaya, Business Mirror and Daily tribune. We went there and gave them tokens from Avaya and Etihad (the clients of Fleishman). Unlike last week, this time we had the chance to meet some editors, like Ms. Minnie Advinchula of Malaya, Roderick Abad of Business mirror and etc.

I was asked to call the broadsheets and ask the names and email address of their current real estate editors.

I was also asked to write an article about Avaya. We were tasked to think of fresh idead and asked to come up with concepts for the upcoming event for Johnson and Johnson’s that is going to happen in mid-June


2. Describe new skills you learned, or skills you improved upon as a result of these tasks. Be specific.
When I went out for the press rounds the second time and when I was tasked to call the broadsheets and talk to people, it really helped me a lot to talk and deal with people over the phone or deal with them personally.


3. Other thoughts regarding the OJT experience.
I was absent last Thursday, I had asthma. Actually I was not absent, I managed to go to work at 8am, I did newspaper scanning/monitoring and I finished the daily and weekly report. After doing all those I felt I was going to faint and so I asked the permission from my supervisor if can take a day off because I was really not feeling well. He did allow me to go home. I went home and had a rest. The following day, Friday, I already reported and worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment