Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Santiago: Week 1 at Fleishman-Hillard

1. List down all the tasks that you performed during this period. Describe each in detail.
From Monday to Friday, May 4-8, 2009 I was tasked to do newspaper monitoring/scanning and look for any news, article, or advertisement regarding their clients (Avaya, Etihad, Bellagio Square) and any article regarding the poll automation and Sen. Angara bill.

I was also tasked to do weekly and daily reports for Avaya. This includes researching, looking for links and documenting the things that we have monitored in the newspapers.

I did lots of researching in the net for jhonson’s and jhonson’s, guerilla ads and etc.

Last Wednesday I was asked to go to Post office and send something.

I did scanning of newspapers, statement of accounts and etc. (literal scanning)

I also did field work and went out with my supervisor, Mr. Joey Brillantes, to do press/media rounds. We went to seven newspaper publication namely, PDI, Manila bulletin, Manila times, Manila Standard today, Malaya, Business Mirror and Daily tribune. We went there and gave them something; Sir Joey calls the gifts as tokens of gratitude. =)

I was also asked to write articles regarding Bellagio Square. I have written an article about food tripping in Bellagio Square, Al Fresco dining in Bellagio Square. I also made concepts on the pre-event teaser campaign for Marionnaud, essay regarding the media rounds that we did, came up with two headlines for a radio program about etihad and rewritten an article about Etihad.


2. Describe new skills you learned, or skills you improved upon as a result of these tasks. Be specific.
I learned how to use the scanner, fax machine and copier. I practiced doing a movie in movie maker. I learned how to work/write/ do things under pressure. And lastly I knew how a PR company works.


3. Other thoughts regarding the OJT experience.
I learned many things here in Fleishman, with the media rounds alone I can truly say that working here at Fleishman is worthwhile, indeed it is a wonderful experience. And chances in working in companies like Fleishman shouldn’t be missed. I am happy with the working environment and the people that I am working with. They are good people and they I learn so many things from them, from my supervisor and my co interns. With their help I learn new things and I have easily coped up. I am still looking forward to more learning and experiences as days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment